Home    /    About Us    /    Support Us    /    Partners    /    Ambassadors    /    Projects    /    Apply    /    News    /    FAQs    /    Jobs    /    Contact Us
   
Partners
Apply to the Foundation
Apply to the Foundation
Why approach the Foundation
Why the Foundation does not award traditional style grants
TCSF Main Grants Fund
- How the TCSF Main Grant Fund Works
- Highlights of the TCSF Main Grants Fund
- Why do we operate in this way?
- Your financial contribution explained
- What we are unable to fund
- Application process
- Download application form [Word Doc]
The Coaching Credit Partnership
- How the programme works
- What happens to the money raised
- Why apply to the CCP grant programme
- Finances (example)
- Application process
- Download application form [Word Doc]
20:12 Coaching Program
- Application process
- Download application form [Word Doc]
Coaching Opportunities Initiative



Home > Apply to the Foundation > TCSF Main Grants Fund

TCSF Main Grants Fund

How the TCSF Main Grant Fund Works

Once the Foundation receives a completed 'Expression of Interest Application' the applicant will be contacted by their Area Grants Co-ordinator whose responsibility it is to discuss the application further and to ascertain the costs associated to running the project/event. The TCSF Main Grants Fund is focused on working together with applicants to find an effective and affordable solution to the problems and one that focuses on tackling the objectives raised in any application.

As part of the TCSF Main Grants Fund the Foundation will take care of the day to day running of any project created as a result of the application. We will assign our own coaches and administration staff to your project as well as have sole responsibility for delivering the project on time and to budget.

Whilst the Foundation will assume full responsibility for the day to day running of the program, applicants to the TCSF Main Grants Fund will be required to contribute towards the projects costs. The project costs will only be known once the applicant has passed the first stage of the application process and once the Foundations Area Grants Co-ordinator has been able to formally create and agree a projected cost and budgeted for the project.

In most cases the Foundation will look to provide up to 30% of the overall funding required for the project to proceed as well as staff and all other associated expenditure (subject to Trustee approval and available resources). As a result of this grants structure we anticipate applications from Local Councils and organisations that have access to additional funding from which to invest in a joint project.

Example

The Community Sports Foundation may receive an application to the Main Grants Fund from a local council who identifies a need to address high levels of anti social behaviour which occurs during the hours of 7pm-10pm on a Thursday and Friday night.

In this instance a representative from the Foundation will meet the council to discuss this problem and how we can work together in partnership to solve the issues. After consultation our representative will create a programme using sport that is designed to help tackle the problem. At the same time they will create a budget for the delivery of the program in consultation with the council officer. Once the Foundations Area Grants Co-ordinator and the council officer are satisfied with the potential costs and strategy, the full application is put to The Community Sports Foundations Trustees.

The Trustees intern announce that they are prepared to support the project and offer 20% of the projected budget and the council are asked to make up the remaining contribution (80%). The Council agrees to this contribution and the Foundation employees take full responsibility in delivering the project in line with the objectives set by the applicant and the application, and any additional and unforeseen costs are met by the Foundation. As the project continues the Foundation regularly reports back to all stakeholders and consistently reviews its participation numbers, consulting with others to ensure the project is proving a success.

 

- How the TCSF Main Grant Fund Works
- Highlights of the TCSF Main Grants Fund
- Why do we operate in this way?
- Your financial contribution explained
- What we are unable to fund
- Application process

 

Home > TCSF Main Grants Fund

 

The Community Sports Foundation Orbana Planet Sport Menzies